Baldwin House

Sketch by Buck Schiwetz

Stark homestead
The Stark homestead was built on the Guadalupe’s Southfork in 1899 by Joe Crider and in 1907 was sold to the Stark Family of Orange, Texas. It was in the architectural style of the old German Fachhausen – only that the outside stair was missing. The split-rail corral fence remains, as do the log barns.

Crider’s Store
Opened in 1925 on the Southfork Road of the Guadalupe several miles west of Hunt. “It was built of lumber, possibly cypress, not painted. There was a porch on the front with a rock floor. The roof was wood shingle. The store sold staples and sodas, block ice and Humble gasoline from an outside pump. In the 1940’s the Crider family moved to a new house and the store closed.” — Pat Schiwetz Nelson